Job Description – IT Cost Controller – IWG Technology Services
Reports to: Commercial Director
Responsible for: Manage IT costs and ensure compliance against contracts. Identify overcharges and/or contract savings
Experience: Demonstrable experience in a cost control role
Location: Spain (Barcelona) OR Poland
International Workplace Group (IWG) are the global leader in the provision of serviced office facilities (www.iwgplc.com). We provide a full suite of technology services to our centre network to allow both staff and clients to operate effectively.
IWG operate an international network of more than 3,500 business centres supported by a central technology function and market leading solutions to ensure best in class operational and client facing solutions
Role and responsibilities
The IT Cost Controller will be responsible for ensuring IT costs are allocated to a contract, can be validated, and assist in managing costs to ensure cost-effectiveness.
Support the creation and ensure the updates of financial dashboards ranging from general ones to domain-specific ones. Support the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances
• General oversight of total IT budget - internal costs as well as 3rd party spend.
• Validate monthly IT invoices back to contractual terms and provide approval for recurring invoices that meet contractual terms where adequate service levels were achieved.
• Be the key contact with any / all IT vendors to help resolve outstanding invoices or invoice reconciliations that Finance cannot resolve.
• Own IT cost reporting and provide monthly updates to senior management with fit for purpose dashboards
• Support the financial forecast and budget process
• Ensure vendor credit notes are applied/received
• Capture, manage and report in centre technology change control spend
• Manage licensing and IT assets to ensure they match actual business use and ensure changes are reflected in supplier charges
• Own capture and analysis of cost of delivering Client IT services
• Assist IT security audit reviews
Functional and Market Expertise
• Proven working experience as a Financial Controller
• Past experience with IT cost, budget management.
• Excellent English communications skills, both written and verbal, are a must
• Excellent analysis skills
• High proficiency in cost management applications (Database, Excel etc.)
• Flexible working hours are essential, working across global time zones and to deadlines
• Ability to handle multiple tasks/projects at the same time
• Excellent organisational skills.
• Ability to work collaboratively
• Experience and ability to view and improve end-2-end processes and the conviction to drive through change
Collaboration and Influencing
• Naturally inquisitive personality and strength of character to challenge
• Results driven individual comfortable with working to and delivering against challenging targets
• Ideal candidates will have a strong analytical mindset, experience of working in a multicultural environment and have appetite for fast-paced organisations
Key Skills and Experience
• Demonstrable experience in a cost focused role
• Proven ability to develop strong relationships with stakeholders both internally and externally.
• Highly organised and analytical mind-set with excellent clarity of output
• Strong educational background, University educated preferred. Professional Qualifications are desirable
• Cost Management, Finance background, IT Audit • Experience working within Technology delivery (preferred)
• Global remit and delivery in a distributed environment.
Structure & interaction:
• Travel – occasional travel, but primarily office based leading team of project managers