Head of Development, Finance Systems
We’re changing the world of work. We believe that business success is underpinned by the effectiveness of its people. So we made it our mission to help millions of people have a great day at work – every day. With locations in practically every country, city, town and transport hub, and options ranging from an hour’s coworking to multi-year office space leases, we enable people and businesses to work where, when and how they want.
Technology in IWG
We’re focused on delivering seamless digital propositions which allow customers to instantly manage their requirements and position IWG as the “Digital First” workspace provider. As early adopters of the latest technologies - whether it be Artificial Intelligence, Office IoT, Data or Cloud Solutions - we create business value and are constantly striving to find new and improved ways to help our customers. Which is why we’re always on the look-out for intelligent, energetic, self-motivated, and curious individuals. We want to bring about a global workspace revolution and want you to help.
The engineering team in IWG is comprised by several practices (Business Analysis, Solution & Data Architecture, DevOps, Security as well as Product Development). The Development practice, in particular, is responsible for the roadmap for a product as well as its planning, developing, operating, maintaining and end-to-end costing.
We require an experienced Head of Development that blends a strong software development background with product delivery to further develop our Product Development practice.
This critical role is responsible for defining and delivering the end-to-end technology solution for our Global Finance function. Over the next two years you’ll lead the solution design of MS Dynamics for Finance and assume responsibility for the system roll out to more than 120 countries. While a degree of technical expertise and knowledge of Dynamics F&O / AX will be advantageous, the key requirement is for someone with exceptional delivery-management skills, who is also able to engage and influence at all levels of the business – including our new CFO. You’ll be required to demonstrate agility and creativity in your problem-solving, enabling a core business function at the heart of a growing global business.
What you’ll need to succeed
This role ideally suits someone with strong experience in delivering technology solutions for Finance, and who boasts a robust understanding of the expectations and motivations of Finance stakeholders. Previous exposure to global systems deployments would be beneficial though not as essential as the ability to translate business requirements into a clear and well-defined roadmap that truly captures the long-term needs of the business. You’ll also need to be highly skilled in working with vendors and system integrators, getting the best from them in an environment where things can change very quickly.
Role and responsibilities
• Build and own the roadmap (technical and functional) for the product, providing insights of industry state of the art solutions, including any necessary consolidations, decommissioning or migrations
• Lead the e2e delivery of new changes required in Dynamics F&O as well as in the related finance applications within IWG.
• Design, manage, maintain all quality and performance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics
• Lead e2e delivery of new changes required in the product in parallel with demand from other systems/teams.
• MS Dynamics F&O System roadmaps, providing insights of industry state of the art solution
• Be responsible for the product’s support and availability
• Plan and manage capacity required in the different delivery teams
• Responsible for whole budget planning and approval requests
• Lead Partners, Contractors and FTEs
• Design, manage, maintain all quality and performance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics across Finance Systems
• Support post go live issues management and escalations (via support team)
• Manage overall culture and motivation of the team
• Be the final accountable for after-hours/on-call rotation for escalation
• Develop and manage the engagement and relationship with all key stakeholders
Qualifications /Skills / Experience
• Extensive experience working in development and integration of large-scale solutions involving multiple technologies, functions, and interfaces across in-house and vendor-supplied systems (essential)
• Expert-level experience with MS Dynamics F&O Module (highly preferred)
• Global or Multi-country rollout experience in MS Dynamics F&O Module (preferred)
• Experience as a Technical Delivery Manager or equivalent a big plus
• Experience with Software development and architectures
• Servant Leader and growth mindset
• Understanding of Software Development, System design, solutioning and specification
• Excellent Team Leadership, motivation, coordination, and issues management skills
• Experience working with Executive and C-Level Management
• Line management (5 - 10 minimum)
• Experience managing FTEs, contractors, and partners
• Excellent English communication and executive level presentation skills
• Strong sense of individual drive (self-starter), responsibility and motivation (“can do” attitude)
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and competing priorities
• Dynamic working approach, ‘agile’ rapid delivery approach to planning projects, and the ability to think innovatively to solve problems
• BSc (Engineering, Computer Science or related) required, MSc or above preferred