Head of Development – ERP System
We’re changing the world of work. We believe that business success is underpinned by the effectiveness of its people. So we made it our mission to help millions of people have a great day at work – every day. With locations in practically every country, city, town and transport hub, and options ranging from an hour’s coworking to multi-year office space leases, we enable people and businesses to work where, when and how they want.
Technology in IWG
We’re focused on delivering seamless digital propositions which allow customers to instantly manage their requirements and position IWG as the “Digital First” workspace provider. As early adopters of the latest technologies - whether it be Artificial Intelligence, Office IoT, Data or Cloud Solutions - we create business value and are constantly striving to find new and improved ways to help our customers. Which is why we’re always on the look-out for intelligent, energetic, self-motivated, and curious individuals. We want to bring about a global workspace revolution and want you to help.
The engineering team in IWG is comprised by several practices (Business Analysis, Solution & Data Architecture, DevOps, Security as well as Product Development). The Development practice, in particular, is responsible for the roadmap for a product as well as its planning, developing, operating, maintaining and end-to-end costing.
We require an experienced Head of Development that blends a strong software development background with product delivery to further develop our Product Development practice.
The role will control Titan, our in-house ERP, in its entirety (delivery pods, technical lead, QA lead, delivery manager, DevOps and IT support capacity) to fully own all aspects its delivery and shaping how a legacy system will evolve onto the new future of microservcies. The role is also responsible for budgeting, team sizing and vendor management.
What you’ll need to succeed
We are looking for someone with a strong development track record (e.g., development, technical lead and/or solution architecture roles) that has transitioned into fully owning products, their roadmap and delivery for global companies. The ideal person would also have ERP implementation and ERP systems enhancement experience (as either project manager, delivery manager, product owner or analyst level) with data technologies and business intelligence projects or environments. Candidates who have led and delivered initiatives to introduce stability around applications will be of interest, particularly in relation to PSP integrations, bank integrations or inventory systems. While our core system is mature and able to serve millions of customers today, we want to fully embrace the transition and transformation towards a new modern way of developing and delivering changes, accelerating time to market, and engaging with real innovation. Being able to manage both tactical changes in harmony with a clear strategic vision for the future is key.
Role and responsibilities
• Build and own the roadmap (technical and functional) for the product, providing insights of industry state of the art solutions; including any necessary consolidations, decommissioning or migrations
• Design, manage, maintain all quality and performance practices, standards, methodologies, and metrics
• Lead e2e delivery of new changes required in the product in parallel with demand from other systems/teams.
• Be responsible for the product’s support and availability
• Plan and manage capacity required in the different delivery teams
• Responsible for whole budget planning and approval requests
• Lead Partners, Contractors and FTEs
• Support post go live issues management and escalations (via support team)
• Manage overall culture and motivation of the team
• Be the final accountable for after-hours/on-call rotation for escalation
• Develop and manage the engagement and relationship with all key stakeholders
Qualifications /Skills / Experience
• Minimum 10 years of relevant industry experience working in development and integration of large-scale solutions involving multiple technologies, functions and interfaces across in-house and vendor-supplied systems
• Experience in the Microsoft stack technology, being C# language a must as well as strong SQL Server experience.
• Experience in transactional and asynchronous environment
• Servant Leader and growth mindset
• Experience with Cloud environment, being Microsoft Azure the preference.
• Experience as a Technical Delivery Manager or equivalent a big plus
• Experience with Software development and architectures
• Understanding of Software Development, System design, solutioning and specification
• Excellent Team Leadership, motivation, coordination, and issues management skills
• Experience working with Executive and C-Level Management
• Line management (5 - 10 minimum)
• Experience managing FTEs, contractors and partners
• Excellent English communication and executive level presentation skills
• Strong sense of individual drive (self-starter), responsibility and motivation (“can do” attitude)
• Able to manage multiple projects at the same time and competing priorities
• Dynamic working approach, ‘agile’ rapid delivery approach to planning projects, and the ability to think innovatively to solve problems
• BSc (Engineering, Computer Science or related) required, MSc or above preferred