Cloud Governance Lead
We’re changing the world of work. We believe that business success is underpinned by the effectiveness of its people. So we made it our mission to help millions of people have a great day at work – every day. With locations in practically every country, city, town and transport hub, and options ranging from an hour’s coworking to multi-year office space leases, we enable people and businesses to work where, when and how they want.
Technology in IWG
We’re focused on delivering seamless digital propositions which allow customers to instantly manage their requirements and position IWG as the “Digital First” workspace provider. As early adopters of the latest technologies - whether it be Artificial Intelligence, Office IoT, Data or Cloud Solutions - we create business value and are constantly striving to find new and improved ways to help our customers. Which is why we’re always on the look-out for intelligent, energetic, self-motivated, and curious individuals. We want to bring about a global workspace revolution and want you to help.
The role is for a Cloud Governance Lead who has a solid background in Azure Cloud technologies. The Cloud Governance Lead is responsible as the single point of contact when new technology, solutions or applications needs to be deployed and integrated in IWG DC infrastructure (Azure Cloud & on-premises DC). Works closely with other departments and teams, ensuring all new technology/devices deployed are properly documented with defined standard, support, processes, and security assessments.
What you’ll need to succeed
We are ideally looking for someone with a history of working Cloud technologies, especially Microsoft Azure for the last 5 years, that can take ownership for governance across our entire Cloud and Datacentre estate. The current estate has around 500+ servers and more then 1000 PaaS resources such as Web App. Implementing “Cloud Adoption Framework” and “Well Architected Framework” are the key deliverables of the role.
Role and responsibilities
• Address all security issues in IWG DC infrastructure in accordance with the security blueprint. Enforce and validate compliance across the IWG estate to comply with the security blueprint. Maintain continuous compliance with the security blueprint across the whole state.
• Accountable for ensuring IWG has the right tools, processes, and configuration set up on the different monitoring systems that allow IT Ops respond proactively to any potential downtime or outage.
• Participate in control design and process reviews with business partners to enable network security compliance by design. Foster strong cross-functional partnerships to drive remediation of findings and execution of security compliance objectives and goals
• Oversees the end to end service with IWG third party vendors in his domain, having a full understanding of the current operation of the service from a technical and process perspective and ensuring alignment with the service delivery and SLA contracts with IWG service providers.
• Keeps a track record of all service delivery failures from the service provider and ensuring appropriate recourse back to the service provider is taken in line with contractual terms (including remediation actions, escalations, service credits, and liability related issues)
• Taking leadership in implementing DC network & security projects to produce architecture design documents, implementation plans and project timelines. Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the flawless execution of projects. Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
• Working with third party providers in critical and complex incidents, being able to act as a 3rd level support for our operations teams.
• Actively measure providers capability gaps and initiates actions to close these gaps.
Qualifications /Skills / Experience
• Must have a minimum of five (5) years of experience in designing, supporting and maintaining complex DC infrastructures, including on-premise and cloud based DC.
• Technical documentation development skills, including high level and low level design documents that will reflect the designed architecture and the interaction between the different systems in IWG infrastructure.
• Technical certifications in Cisco and network/security products are required.
• Experience configuring and managing network and security equipment (firewall, routers, switches, IDS/IPS)
• Experience collecting, analyzing and summarizing operational data and trends.
• Understanding how to monitor environments like Azure, Windows, Linux, network and security devices.
• Experience in Project Management activities.
• Familiar with incident, change, capacity and problem management processes.
• Demonstrate leadership and adaptability, with willingness to readily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility.
• Pragmatic, common sense attitude and strong attention to detail required.
• Frequently anticipates problems and analyses ways to mitigate the risk.
• Articulates the business value and impact of advanced technical and non-technical information and understands when to escalate issues.
• Has worked in a high-growth, fast-paced environment and can deliver results to demanding time scales in an ambiguous environment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Hands-on, involved management approach with a relentless attention to detail while simultaneously capable of seeing the bigger picture.
• Motivated and ambitious.
• Low ego, high on delivery. Must be prepared to ‘get hands dirty’ and be actively Involved / personally contribute